Fraud Alert Ahead of Oshkosh Pathfinder Camporee
3 June 2019 | The Andrews University-based Center for Youth Evangelism has sent out a news release titled “FRAUD AWARENESS REGARDING CAMPOREE TICKET RESALE.”
Dated June 3, the release alerts the public to recent fraud cases involving ticket sales for the upcoming August 12-17 International Pathfinder Camporee in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The alert stresses that ticket purchases made through any means other than the official camporee website carry a risk.
The full alert is below:
FRAUD AWARENESS REGARDING CAMPOREE TICKET RESALE
Berrien Springs, MI, June 3, 2019
Due to a small amount of recent fraud cases, please be informed that there are risks involved in purchasing tickets through any party other than our official website. It is very common that ticketed sporting and entertainment events around the world deal with counterfeit tickets and scams. Unfortunately, the International Camporee is not an exception. The following are tips to keep yourself safe.
1. Use extreme caution.
2. Purchase and sell tickets through someone you trust. Start with contacting your conference.
3. Always use a secure method of payment with buyer protection (such as Paypal, using the goods and services payment option; NOT friends and family).
4, Do not purchase tickets through wire transfer or gift cards.
5. The International Pathfinder Camporee is not responsible for the resale of tickets, and will not engage in validation of such.
6. The only tickets guaranteed for the Camporee are the ones which were directly sold through our official website www.Camporee.org.
7. Entry will be denied for tickets which prove to be fake or duplicate.
Pastor Ron Whitehead