26 October 2022 |
- Do you have family members, friends, neighbors, or co-workers who deny, or don’t know, or don’t seem to care, if God exists?
- How do you maintain and grow your own faith and spiritual life in a culture that actively promotes unbelief?
- Do you ever find it difficult to connect with God yourself?
Jesus once said, “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed” (John 20:29b). With a growing number of atheists among younger generations it is important for Seventh-day Adventist Christians to understand the ideas, both historical and contemporary, that form the basis of atheism and agnosticism in the various cultures in which we live.
Katrina Blue will present some of the key ideas that are put forward by atheists and agnostics as a backdrop to thinking about living and sharing your faith and spiritual life in the contemporary world.
Katrina Blue, Ph.D., is associate professor of Theology and Christian Spirituality at Pacific Union College.
Cherri-Ann Farquharson is an alternative energy consultant working from the Caribbean island of Barbados.
How to join:
One-click link https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84972353529
ATSS starting time depends on where you are. If you’re on the west coast of the United States, it’ll be 10:30 AM. On the east coast, 1:30 PM. Please calculate the correct time where you live.
The class is intended to last about 2 hours, though the conversation often continues to 4 PM (Eastern time).
About our class:
- The AT Sabbath Seminar is intended to be a courteous forum. We discuss and ask questions politely. We don’t accuse, get angry, or put people down.
- Stick to the topic in both comments and chat discussion.
- Make your comments and questions short—don’t dominate.
- Keep your microphones muted unless you are called upon to make your comment or ask your question.
- Indicate your interest in speaking by raising your electronic hand—under the “reactions” button.
- Please use your name when you sign in! Not your phone number, not your initials. This will help us differentiate you from unwelcome guests who want to disrupt us. You can set your name after signing on by clicking on the 3 dots next to your picture, which drops down a menu.
- If it should happen that we are attacked so that we have to stop the meeting, we’ll quickly post a new meeting link on our AT Facebook page.
We look forward to getting acquainted with you!
- Gerald Winslow
- Jon Paulien
- Bryan Ness
- Bill Knott
- Marko Lukic
- Andreas Bochmann