Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Adventist Congregation in Ontario
31 December 2018 |
Everyone that attended Sabbath services on December 29 at the Adventist church in Leamington, Ontario, has been urged to visit a physician after carbon monoxide poisoning was detected in the church.
Emergency personnel discovered carbon monoxide in the building after a woman complained about chest pains at the church on Saturday. According to CTV News, Ontario Provincial Police as well as firefighters from Leamington responded to the emergency at about 2 p.m. on Saturday.
According to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, The OPP contacted the Ministry of Labor in the region regarding the incident.
The agency visited the church today but shut down the investigation after determining that the case was outside its jurisdiction, as there were no workers at the church.
Leamington Seventh-day Adventist Church is located at 220 Erie St. North in Leamington. No mention of the carbon monoxide incident has been made on the congregation’s website.