28 December 2022 |
On its surface, prayer appears to be straightforward and easily understood. But the reality is quite different.
- Does prayer really matter?
- Does God ever answer prayers in a manner that changes the outcome of our stories?
- Why should anyone care to pray?
Mike Tucker may not have all the answers, but is willing to engage in conversation. Additionally, he offers a few insights from science to further confuse the issue! He invites you to join the discussion.
Mike Tucker is the Speaker Emeritus of Faith for Today Television, and co-host of the award-winning television program Lifestyle Magazine. He conducts seminars such as “Mad About Marriage,” “Good Grief,” and “The Choice,” and serves as a teaching pastor for Canyon Creek Project, a church plant in Richardson, Texas. Mike has served as a pastor, counselor, academy Bible teacher, youth pastor, ministerial secretary, and senior chaplain for medical and psychiatric facilities.
Mike has authored several books, including Meeting Jesus in the Book of Revelation, Every Good Thing, and Ten Keys to a Happy Marriage. His most recent book, Tears to Joy, shares his own journey of grief after losing his wife and ministry partner of 40 years. His small group curriculum, The Grief Sessions, offers loving support for anyone in grief. Mike has remarried and lives in the Dallas, Texas, area with his wife, Pam, a gospel singer from Canada. He enjoys spending time with his wife, daughters, sons-in-law, and grandchildren. Mike describes himself as the happiest bad golfer you’ll ever meet!
Dan Jett is a retired attorney living in the Sacramento area of California.
How to join:
One-click link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89694164908
ATSS starting time depends on where you are. If you’re on the west coast of the United States, it’ll be 10:30 AM. On the east coast, 1:30 PM. Please double-check the correct time where you live.
Times around the world:
- Reykjavík: 6:30 PM
- College Place: 10:30 AM
- Lincoln: 12:30 PM
- Denver: 11:30 AM
- Bracknell: 6:30 PM
- Berrien Springs: 1:30 PM
- Loma Linda: 10:30 AM
- Nairobi: 8:30 PM
- Gackle: 12:30 PM
- Hosur: 11:00 PM
- Waco: 12:30 PM
- Keene: 12:30 PM
- Helsinki: 8:30 PM
- Stockholm: 7:30 PM
- Hamburg: 7:30 PM
- Cape Town: 9:30 PM
- Madrid: 7:30 PM
- Paris: 7:30 PM
- Honolulu: 7:30 AM
- India (all): 12:00 PM (Sunday)
- Cooranbong: 5:30 AM (Sunday)
- Perth: 2:30 AM (Sunday)
The class is intended to last about 2 hours, though the conversation often continues to 4 PM (Eastern time).
About our class:
- The AT Sabbath Seminar is intended to be a courteous forum. We discuss and ask questions politely. We don’t accuse, get angry, put people down, or judge the state of their salvation.
- Stick to the topic in both comments and chat discussion.
- Make your comments and questions short—don’t dominate.
- Keep your microphones muted unless you are called upon to make your comment or ask your question.
- Indicate your interest in speaking by raising your electronic hand—under the “reactions” button.
- Please use your name when you sign in! Not your phone number, not your initials. This will help us differentiate you from unwelcome guests who want to disrupt us. You can set your name after signing on by clicking on the 3 dots next to your picture, which drops down a menu.
We look forward to getting acquainted with you!
- Mike Tucker
- Jon Paulien
- Loren Seibold
- Bryan Ness
- Olive Hemmings
- Pilira Zapita
- Bill Cork
- Reinder Bruinsma