8 September 2022 | Several accomplished women are leading the discussion of women’s ministerial roles throughout 2,000 years, at a Loma Linda University Church (LLUC) Sabbath School class.
The LLUC Sabbath Seminars discussion class meets in room 3208 Centennial Building on the LLU campus for local participants, at 10:30 AM Pacific Time.
Zoom participants, please register in advance by sending an email to email@example.com
The presentations will cover portions of the book Women in the Mission of the Church: Their Opportunities and Obstacles throughout Christian History.
*Physical and Kindle versions of the book are available on Amazon.
Below is a schedule of presentations:
- 9/10 “Mothers, Sisters, Empresses, and Queens” and “Medieval Nuns”(Chs 4 and 5, pp 59-104), by Sasha Ross
- 9/17 “Beguines and Mystics” (Ch 5, pp 105-122), by Olive Hemmings
- 9/24 “Women Preachers in America” (Ch 6, pp 125-144), by Karen Darnell
- 10/1 “Social Justice Activists,” (Ch 7, pp 145-160), by Ginger Harwood
- 10/8 “Denominational Missionaries and Bible Women,” (Ch 8, pp 161-182), by Linda Becker
- 10/15 “Faith Missionaries, Evangelists, and Church Founders” (Ch 9, pp 183-202), by Pastor Cheryl Raine
- 10/22 “Conclusion: Women’s Leadership in the Church” (Ch 10, pp 203-213), and a report on women in Adventist ministry worldwide by Marina Garner & Nerida Bates.
- 10/29 Comments by the book’s lead author, Leanne Dzubinski
- 11/5 Women in the Broad Mission of the Church, a panel discussion: Catherine Lee, convener; Barbara Orr, Elizabeth Rogers, Dana Stelien, and Priscilla Walters
All are welcome!