04 July 2013 @ 2:38 pm

They've hired a good man.

Considering the difficulties being faced by R&H and PPPA in serving the Adventist market, I'm curious what the folks at Logos are seeing as a market opportunity.  Perhaps Logos will become the competition that the church's in-house publisher(s) need to better serve the church membership.

2. David Barr
    04 July 2013 @ 6:33 pm

Martin has come a long way from Plainfield, NJ.

3. billman
    05 July 2013 @ 9:34 am

Denominational control will disappear. What an interesting thought.

4. Thoughtful
    05 July 2013 @ 4:19 pm

Logos iPad app is excellent.

Logos desktop program, however, can be sluggish depending on the system. It greatly benefits from the fastest systems and solid state hard drives. In the past it has been unstable on Mac, but this has been improving.

The mindset of the owner is to make a program that does everything. Logos has a steep learning curve. So it has great power, but is complicated. It does many things, with an overwhelming number of features many that will be seldom or never used. It is helpful for research. Basic Bible searches, the bread and butter of "concordance," are better done with a different program.

It is a good program for a massive SDA database. I am glad that Marty is going to be spearheading this.

5. James Ayars
    05 July 2013 @ 8:38 pm

Wow!  Marty!  Alright!

I've been an avid Logos user for years (yes, both PC and Mac-based).  I have already received notices of Adventist publications on Logos — especially from Andrews University Press.  Our Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary has been available on Logos for years (I bought it over a decade ago — my first Logos product).  I think the White Estate should publish the Complete Works of Ellen G. White via Logos (it would be better than the current search system, I think).

This has the potential to be something truly great!

• Thoughtful
      06 July 2013 @ 10:36 am

Ellen White's works have been available on Logos for years, but Folio Views is much simpler, faster, and better. I have wished the White Estate would be available on Accordance. Some have even offered to pay to put it on Accordance, but the White Estate really cannot maintain numerous formats.

6. Rngrbird
    07 July 2013 @ 3:51 am

I've asked about the complete SDA Bible Commentary being as available as our other publications are on Amazon.com – Yet, to this date I've not heard or found a thing.  My Kindle Fire HD is where I have a great amount of our books and can take it with me whenever and whereever I go without carrying the library with me…….. Is there a possibility of this in the future?

7. Martin Weber
    13 July 2013 @ 2:41 am

Thanks everybody (including longtime friends Jim Ayars and Bill Noel) for your interest and affirmation of this opportunity that God has provided at Logos. I should clarify several things:
         * My goal at Logos is to collaborate, not compete, with Adventist publishers–Logos has win-win relationships with 150 Christian publishers.
         * I'm delighted that Logos will be re-indexing the writings of Ellen G. White as part of the expanded edition of the SDA Bible Commentary. This will bring the amazing search capacity of the Logos ecosystem to readers and researchers.
         * If your version of Logos is slow, then you either have an outdated version (Logos just released 5.1) or your computer is underpowered with less than 6 RAM. You can upgrade easily by calling the Logos toll free number: 800-875-6467.
         * We are currently developing new base packages for Adventists. If you have any resources you want us to try to include, please list them here and I will do my best to facilitate your request!
         Your brother,