We want your comments, but please follow a few simple ground rules:
1. You must identify yourself to post comments. You may use a fictitious name. We don’t recommend this and we may change this rule if it is abused.
2. You may post follow-up questions. You may want to send questions via Email [to firstname.lastname@example.org] so that they are answered more quickly by the columnist or one of the editors and the answer is posted with the question instead of having to wait. The idea is that you are actually asking for more information and not simply making what you think is a clever counter-argument.
3. You may disagree with the writer. We welcome debate. However, we ask that if you disagree with any opinion please do so in a way that is respectful. There is way too much shouting in the Adventist blogosphere for it to be tolerated here.
4. Adventist Today reserves the right to delete your comments. This is a publication of the AT Foundation and we don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions through your media, not ours.
Specifically, AT will delete your comments if you post something that is, in the opinion of our columnist or our editors, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate our sense of decorum and civility or any law; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your web site or your most recent blog post.
5. You retain ownership of your comments. We do not own them and Adventist Today expressly disclaims any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on this site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve Adventist Today from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
6. You grant Adventist Today a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant Adventist Today the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to online publication and in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, our goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. Adventist Today believes this simple comments policy will facilitate this.