ATSS: Jon Paulien, “Revelation for the 21st Century, part 1”
11 January 2023 |
Revelation for the 21st Century
- Jan 14—Youthful Atheism and the Adventist Approach to Revelation 12.
“My son is involved in an online forum that includes a number of ex-Christian and ex-Adventist atheists. These young people have two common denominators in their leaving God and the church. We will explore these briefly and show how an Adventism based on a narrative reading of Revelation 12 can address these issue in a relevant way today.”
- Jan 21—Revelation’s Remnant and the World Religions.
Jon Paulien is a professor of theology at the Loma Linda University School of Religion.
How to join:
One-click link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84017578407
Passcode: According to Revelation 1:9, John was imprisoned on this island when he received his visions. SIX CHARACTERS, ALL CAPS.
ATSS starting time depends on where you are. If you’re on the west coast of the United States, it’ll be 10:30 AM. On the east coast, 1:30 PM. Please double-check the correct time where you live.
Times around the world:
- Reykjavík: 6:30 PM
- College Place: 10:30 AM
- Lincoln: 12:30 PM
- Denver: 11:30 AM
- Bracknell: 6:30 PM
- Berrien Springs: 1:30 PM
- Loma Linda: 10:30 AM
- Nairobi: 8:30 PM
- Gackle: 12:30 PM
- Hosur: 11:00 PM
- Waco: 12:30 PM
- Keene: 12:30 PM
- Helsinki: 8:30 PM
- Stockholm: 7:30 PM
- Hamburg: 7:30 PM
- Cape Town: 9:30 PM
- Madrid: 7:30 PM
- Paris: 7:30 PM
- Honolulu: 7:30 AM
- India (all): 12:00 PM (Sunday)
- Cooranbong: 5:30 AM (Sunday)
- Perth: 2:30 AM (Sunday)
The class is intended to last about 2 hours, though the conversation often continues to 4 PM (Eastern time).
About our class:
- The AT Sabbath Seminar is intended to be a courteous forum. We discuss and ask questions politely. We don’t accuse, get angry, put people down, or judge the state of their salvation.
- Stick to the topic in both comments and chat discussion.
- Make your comments and questions short—don’t dominate.
- Keep your microphones muted unless you are called upon to make your comment or ask your question.
- Indicate your interest in speaking by raising your electronic hand—under the “reactions” button.
- Please use your name when you sign in! Not your phone number, not your initials. This will help us differentiate you from unwelcome guests who want to disrupt us. You can set your name after signing on by clicking on the 3 dots next to your picture, which drops down a menu.
We look forward to getting acquainted with you!
- Mike Tucker
- Jon Paulien
- Loren Seibold
- Bryan Ness
- Olive Hemmings
- Pilira Zapita
- Bill Cork
- Reinder Bruinsma
To comment or question, click/tap here